Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Don't Forget About Me -- Michael Bucher

MICHAEL BUCHER | DONT FORGET ABOUT ME


DON'T FORGET ABOUT ME
Lyrics and Music by Michael Bucher

I'm the one who has painted on the rock in the desert sun, I'm the one was buried with the small pox blanket on the run, I'm the one who built my burial ground for all to see never dreaming that the grave robbers prize would be me.

(Chorus) Don't forget about me I'm the voice singing in your head. Don't forget about me I told the stories that you have. Don't forget about me take notice of all they do if they do it to me who's to say they won't do it to you.

I'm the one with my heart buried at Wounded Knee, I'm the one who was tossed in the ditch of the Trail of Tears, I'm the one who was buried with my medicine bag in my hand, now my medicine bag is on some collector's stand - don't forget about me - don't forget about me.

I'm the one who has seen all the genocide first hand, they couldn't cheat me fast enough take what I had now, they built their trophy houses right on top of my grave, if they have no honor, than they have no shame. (Chorus)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.